Want a Habanos T-Shirt? Go Here ->

Sunday, January 15, 2006

San Cristobal de la Habana La Punta

Produced: October 2002
Length: 5.5 inches
Ring Gauge: 52

Date: January 15th, 2006
Time: 3:00pm Pacific
Location:
Huntington Park, San Francisco, California
Conditions: Clear and Sunny, 59 degrees
Purchased: Miami, 2003.

Tasting Notes
I drove out to Marin to get a selection of smokes for the upcoming week. Tomorrow is MLK day and I plan to partake in a special smoke. Once back in the city, I wander up to Huntington Parkto enjoy this beautiful Belicoso. It has a light chocolate brown wrapper and a solid firm feel. I cut the cigar with a "cat's eye" cut and noticed the sweet woody smell even before I light up.



I fire up the cigar and the first few draws are spectacular. Strong, sweet and typical Habanos. Beautiful white and hard ash with a slow consistent burn. It's a beautiful sunny day in the park. Lot's of people enjoying the weather and I'm half way through this incredible smoke when it's character changes and becomes even more spicy. It's not harsh, just a smooth transition to coffee and spice. Therer is no after taste and I enjoy the smoke for at least 2 hours.

Score: 92

No comments: