Want a Habanos T-Shirt? Go Here ->

Saturday, August 12, 2006

TomTom Cigars, London, UK








Date: August 12, 2006
63 Elizabeth Street
London SW1 W9PP

Before I head over to Cigars Unlimited, I dropped in on this trendy little store near Buckingham Palace.

I enter the store and Mariana, a young, tall and sultry Serbian lass looks up from reading her newspaper…. Oh boy, this is going to be an interesting visit!

I ask the standard question and she indicates they opened in 1997 and their inventory on aged product is limited. I follow her nervously into the humidor and she begins to unlock closets full of boxes of every brand imaginable. Partagas’s, Cohiba’s, Hoyo’s, Bolivar’s, Punch’s, Sancho Panza’s, on and on…. Where is Leslie when I need her??

Mariana proceeds to tell me that she will only sell aged cigars by the box. Being persistent I try to convince her that I am not her normal “fly-by-night” yank tourist, but a serious connoisseur that appreciates fine aged puros. She’s not impressed, but relents and lets me select two boxes from which I can make some limited selections. I dip into some Punch 50 Cabinets (1997) and Sancho Panzas Belicosos (1997).







After I make my purchases, Marianna starts to become very helpful and recommends Cigars Unlimited for aged product. She gets online and prints out directions to a number of other stores for me to consider.

If you are into fresh high quality product, lighters, fountain pens, cases, and, erhhh…. Tall sultry Serbian women, I would recommend Tom Tom’s.

Leslie, honey…. I’ll be home soon!!

+44-020-7730-1790
http://www.tomtom.co.uk/

No comments: