Want a Habanos T-Shirt? Go Here ->

Monday, January 16, 2006

Partagas Serie D #4

Produced: June 2003
Length: 5.5 inches
Ring Gauge: 52

Date: January 16th, 2006
Time: 1:30pm Pacific
Location: Nob Hill, San Francisco, California
Conditions: Overcast and Cold, 52 degrees
Purchased: Miami, 2003.

Tasting Notes
It's MLK Day and it's cold in the city. Not much wind blowing so I decide to walk Amber over to Grace Cathederal and light up the Serie D at the maze. This particular cigar has always been one of my favorites. Over the years their quality has fluctuated, but one is always assured of a decent smoke. The best "Serie D's" came out in the mid-80's and I enjoyed all the sticks I had in my collection. Those cigars were a lighter wrapper and a more subtle smoke. The cigars produced from 2000 onwards have a darker wrapper.

Today's smoke is in a dark brown, oily smooth wrapper that has been sitting in perfect conditions since I acquired the box some years ago.


I fire up the cigar and the first few draws are ok, but nothing to write home about. As we sit on the bench outside the Cathederal, the taste starts to transition into that familiar pungent and aromatic Partagas I love.

Just as I start to enjoy the smoke, a few passers-by actually wander over with scowls on their faces. Obviously tourists, they start to inform me that it is illegal to smoke cigars in the city of San Francisco and on the grounds of the Cathederal. The cigar starts to transition to coffee and spice. I ignore the tourists and continue to enjoy this great smoke, Therer is little after taste and I enjoy the smoke right up until it is finished.

Score: 92

No comments: