Want a Habanos T-Shirt? Go Here ->

Monday, February 15, 2010

Partagas Serie D No. 4 Reserva (2000)







Ring Gauge: 50
Length: 4.88 inches
Purchased: Gerard Pere & Fils, Geneva

Date: February 15th, 2010
Time: 11:00 AM Pacific 
Location: Point Dume, Malibu California

Conditions: Sunny and warm, 73 degree



It's President's Day and I'm on the beach watching the Men's Downhill at Whistler.  And even though only .09 second separates the medal winners, it's not very exciting and I yearn for the days of Klammer and Russi.... now they were skiers!




I decide to break into the black lacquered box of Reserva's that I haven't opened in a long time.  When I first smoked one of these back in 2001, I was that impressed as it was extremely mild and somewhat subtle.  


The 8 years in the back of my storage in Mill Valley has served them well.  They are still shiny, spongy firm and the construction is flawless.  I cut with a cat's eye and begin to savor a remarkably good smoke.  Still subtle and mild but with and increased intensity in the finish. I'm going to smoke this down to the very end.




Rating: (3) VERY GOOD
(5) Classic, (4) Outstanding, (3) Very Good, (2) Average, (1) Don’t Bother

Humidor: SMOKE NOW
Smoke Now, Smoke Soon:1–3 Years, Put Away:3–7 Years, Vault:7-12 Years, Inheritance Gift:12+ Years

No comments: